Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ask and you shall receive

So work has started to pick up. I am excited. I have been in the Education Center all day Monday, Tuesday, and today working on emails, and with the students.

Monday night I had my first scheduled computer class. It is really difficult to have a computer class when we only have seven computers, and usually at least 2 are not working, and I have at least 15 people show up for the class. I had three different sessions of class.

Tonight I will run my second class. We shall see how it goes. Right now I am running the class for anyone who wants to come. Walker runs an English class in the library room next door. I do not want to take students away from his class so I will run a session after he finishes his class as well for those students who wish to.

I hope that the world spreads, and more adults come to my computer class. I love working with kids, but it is difficult working with mixed ages, and the reason we have classes at night is to make it easier for adults with their work schedule.

Maybe I can find a time during the day where women/mothers can come take the class. It is difficult for them to get away form the house at night because they have to feed the family, take care of the kids, ready everyone for bed, etc. The ideal would be to have a class of just students 16-22 years old. I think. If they could learn to use a computer they would be able to get a job at an office, or bank. We shall see.

We also got a kitten today. And by got I mean I was at the pila (see picture)
washing our dishes with the water we get for about an hour in the morning, and two little kittens walked up. We took in the one that had more of a personality, and his orange boring brother went to play with the kids next door. He have named her Sophie, and she is super sweet. We will have to train her, but I like her a lot. I hope she catches the mouse in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment