So I just spent two incredible weeks in the United States. I knew that I needed to get away, and really needed to talk with people, but I had no idea just how badly I needed it.
I am so blessed to have such amazing friends who have always been my extended family, therapy, and free entertainment.
I am back. It is difficult coming back because right now is for lack of a better word - limbo. The volunteers come ten days, and preparations are being made for their arrival. There isn't much more I can do at this point except wait for them to come.
I am back. It is difficult coming back because I loved being back in Virginia more than I thought I would. It is difficult coming back because I took the time to reflect on myself and learned that maybe this path I have been walking down for the past four years really isn't for me. It is difficult coming back because I don't feel there is anymore I can do for the families, because I don't want to get anymore involved than I already am because I will be elsewhere mentally and physically for the next month with volunteers and my family coming. The kids have been using the computers and are well prepared to maneuver a computer. I started giving classes with the understanding that by this time we would have a proper computer teacher, or, at least, a proper teacher additionally to Sergio. We have neither. I have given the kids what I can.
I am ready to move on to the next stage of my life. I feel like I have been swimming up stream working for SHH. It has been difficult, challenging, and not at all what I was expecting. I am ready to move on. I will miss Honduras, and the families, but I think they will actually do better with out us here. It is time that they don't have a constant SHH presence in their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment